Little Mix and Anne-Marie's 'collaboration on hold as crew member tests positive for Covid' - Godz
Connect with us

Entertainment

Little Mix and Anne-Marie’s ‘collaboration on hold as crew member tests positive for Covid’

Published

on

Little Mix and Anne-Marie’s musical collaboration has reportedly been put on hold after a crew member on their music video tested positive for Covid-19.

The girl group and the solo singer were recently said to have teamed up to record together following years of planning.

According to The Sun, they have now had to cancel their music video, which was due to film next Monday, because of the positive test. 

Delay: Little Mix and Anne-Marie’s musical collaboration has reportedly been put on hold after a crew member on their music video tested positive for Covid-19

A source said: ‘Little Mix and Anne-Marie were supposed to be shooting the video for their new single on Monday.

‘But just hours before, one of the crew tested positive for Covid, meaning everything had to be cancelled. Perrie and Leigh-Anne being pregnant means it’s even more of a worry for them.

‘All the shoots are done in the most Covid-secure way possible, so this positive test being flagged up shows, thankfully, that all the precautions in place are working.’

The team are now said to be rushing to find a new date to film the video which won’t be easy given their busy schedules.

Plans: The girl group and the solo singer were recently said to have teamed up to record together following years of planning

The source added that Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Anne-Marie are all ‘gutted’ the video had to be called off. 

Details on the track have been kept secret but it is expected to be on Anne-Marie’s upcoming album Therapy which is released on July 23. 

MailOnline has contacted representatives for Little Mix and Anne-Marie for comment. 

It comes after it was reported that the group have been in talks with Anne-Marie for years about working together. 

A source said: ‘Little Mix and Anne-Marie were supposed to be shooting the video for their new single on Monday. But just hours before, one of the crew tested positive for Covid, meaning everything had to be cancelled’ 

A source recently said: ‘Anne-Marie and Little Mix have been pals for years and this collaboration has been a long time coming.

‘They have spoken about doing something together for ages but the timing was never quite right and they never settled on a song. But they all seem to be really excited about this one because they said it was the perfect fit for them.

‘They are keeping shtum about what sort of song it is, but having two of the biggest British female acts teaming up is a great thing for girl power.’ 

Change of plan: The team are now said to be rushing to find a new date to film the video which won’t be easy given their busy schedules

Ex Little Mix member Jesy previously gushed about her love for Anne-Marie, saying a single with her would be ‘one of their best collaborations’.

She said in an Instagram Q&A: ‘Anne-Marie — we absolutely love her. We’ve got a WhatsApp group with her, and we definitely, definitely want to work with her.

‘If it happens, which fingers crossed it will, I think it will be one of our best collaborations.’

Plans: Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Leigh-Anne Pinnock have reportedly been in talks with Anne-Marie for years about a potential collaboration

Jesy announced her solo record deal with esteemed label Polydor two weeks ago.

She posted a snapshot of herself in front of the company’s logo, before posing from the comfort of a settee, as she shared the news with her followers.

‘So excited to announce that I’ve signed my first ever solo record deal with @polydorrecords @universalmusicgroup. This is such a pinch-me moment. I cannot wait for you guys to hear what I’ve been working on,’ she wrote. 

The news comes after it was reported that Little Mix, who are with Sony, have formally cut financial ties with her following her exit from the group.

Career: Ex Little Mix member Jesy Nelson announced her solo record deal with esteemed label Polydor two weeks ago 

The remaining trio are expected to rake in a whopping £5 million from their upcoming tour, but Jesy will lose out on the profit as she’ll no longer serve as a director at their joint business.

Had Jesy remained part of the business, Eternal Magic Touring, her situation would have been similar to that of Victoria Beckham, who earned a cool £1 million from the Spice Girls’ 2019 comeback tour, despite not stepping foot on stage.

But Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirwall and Perrie Edwards are now said to have formalised Jesy’s exit from the BRIT Award-winning group and she’ll not make a penny from future gigs, with a source saying ‘this was the only fair way.’

A source told The Sun: ‘Jesy could have made megabucks if she’d have remained as a director on Little Mix’s business, Eternal Magic Touring, just like Victoria did with the Spice Girls.’

Big bucks: Little Mix have become the UK’s top earning young female performers, after boosting their joined fortune by £6million over the past year

The insider went on to say that the remaining girls are set to play 24 dates starting in April next year, including two sold-out gigs in London.

They added: ‘They are expecting to make almost £5million from those gigs and if Jesy had remained on board as a director of the firm, she would’ve been privy to cash from the band’s live shows even if she didn’t sing a note.

‘But this was the only fair way for everybody going forward. It wouldn’t have seemed right for Jesy to remain part of it.’

Jesy quit the band in December after ‘constant pressure’ had ‘taken a toll on her mental health’.

Protecting her mental health: Jesy quit the band in December after ‘constant pressure’ had ‘taken a toll on her mental health’ 

This post first appeared on Daily mail

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Daryl Somers sues former business manager Alex Mathey for defamation

Published

on

By

Hey Hey It’s Saturday star Daryl Somers has sued for defamation after his former business manager publicly criticised him.

Alex Mathey claimed the three-time Gold Logie winner, 69, treated him ‘appallingly’ and ‘cruelly’ throughout their working relationship, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Somers has since filed a lawsuit claiming damages over the ‘defamatory matter’. 

Going to court: Hey Hey It’s Saturday star Daryl Somers (pictured in 2006) has sued for defamation after his former business manager publicly criticised him

In addition to the defamation lawsuit, Somers is seeking a permanent injunction against Mathey preventing him from ‘further publishing or republishing’ material in relation to their former partnership.

The case has now reached the doors of the Supreme Court as Mathey went public with his claims regarding his alleged treatment by Somers. 

It comes almost a year after The Herald Sun first reported a conflict had emerged between Somers and Mathey, who was ‘chief executive and group legal counsel’ for the entertainer and his wife, Julie da Costa, as well as their production company, Somers Group Australia.

Escalating dispute: Alex Mathey claimed the three-time Gold Logie winner, 69, treated him ‘appallingly’ and ‘cruelly’ throughout their working relationship. Somers (pictured on Dancing with the Stars) strongly denies this and is seeking damages

In June last year, court files revealed the extent of the bitterness between Mathey and Somers, describing how the relationship devolved into a ‘rather nasty dispute’. 

Mathey claimed Somers’ behaviour was ‘in contravention of particular laws as well as in violation of generally accepted standards and norms of acceptable and appropriate behaviour and conduct’.

‘Despite my best efforts and intentions, the Somers [Daryl and his wife] have been unwilling and unable to even listen to and acknowledge my concerns,’ he alleged. 

Friends to enemies: In June last year, court files revealed the extent of the bitterness between Mathey and Somers, describing how the relationship devolved into a ‘rather nasty dispute’ 

At the time, Somers denied all claims of poor treatment, saying they were ‘false and without foundation’.

He also said he and da Costa would be claiming damages.

Somers is best known for hosting the comedy variety show Hey Hey it’s Saturday from 1971 to 1999. He recently fronted Seven’s revival of Dancing with the Stars. 

Career: Somers is best known for hosting the comedy variety show Hey Hey it’s Saturday from 1971 to 1999. He recently fronted Seven’s revival of Dancing with the Stars

This post first appeared on Daily mail

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘New face, who dis?’ Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s son Connor Cruise shares new look in rare selfie

Published

on

By

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman‘s son Connor Cruise just revealed his new look with a rare Instagram selfie.

The 26-year-old usually rocks shaggy hair and a bristly beard, but in a recent Instagram Story post he showed off a buzzcut and much shorter facial hair.

‘New face, who dis?’ Connor wrote a top the snapshot, which appeared to be taken while he was relaxing shirtless.

Makeover! Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s son Connor Cruise revealed a new look online recently, ditching his usually shaggy hair and thick beard for a cleaner look

Cruise leads a very private life, but has offered brief glimpses into his world with semi-regular posts on his Instagram.

He appears to be a giant fishing enthusiast, often seen showing off his catches on social media.

Connor recently started a separate account called @ConnorsMeatShack, where he highlights his adventures in grilling.

Cruise was adopted by Kidman and action star Tom not long after he was born in 1995, but the exact timeline remains unclear. 

Sister Isabella, 28, was adopted by the couple three years earlier in 1992.

Before and after: The 26-year-old usually rocks longer hair and a bristly beard, but now has a buzzcut and short facial hair

Go fish! Connor keeps very private but appears to be a fishing enthusiast who lives in Florida

Though he remains out of the spotlight, Connor still remains close to father Tom and the Church Of Scientology, according to People magazine.

‘Connor lives in Clearwater, which is the church’s main hub. He still deejays but he has really become a big fishing guy. 

‘He’s content with living a quieter life,’ the source said of the Florida beach town, where the Church of Scientology is headquartered.

Connor and Bella’s relationship with mom Nicole is less strong according to insiders who say they’ve limited contact with her based on Scientologist’s practice of severing ties with those deemed critical or unsupportive of the religion.

Nicole spoke about her relationship with her adult children in 2018, telling Australia’s Who magazine: ‘I’m very private about that.’

Parents: Cruise was adopted by Kidman and action star Tom not long after he was born in 1995 along with sister Isabella, 28. They’re seen in 1996 above, while first introducing their kids to the media

Close: Though he remains out of the spotlight, Connor still remains close to father Tom and the Church Of Scientology, according to People magazine. ‘Connor lives in Clearwater, which is the church’s main hub. He still deejays but he has really become a big fishing guy.’ He and sister Bella are seen with dad in 2008 above

‘I have to protect all those relationships. I know 150 percent that I would give up my life for my children because it’s what my purpose is.’

‘They are adults. They are able to make their own decisions. They have made choices to be Scientologists and, as a mother, it’s my job to love them. 

‘And I am an example of that tolerance and that’s what I believe — that no matter what your child does, the child has love and the child has to know there is available love and I’m open here. 

‘I think that’s so important because if that is taken away from a child, to sever that in any child, in any relationship, in any family — I believe it’s wrong. 

Younger set: Kidman now shares daughters Sunday, 12, and Faith, nine, with husband Keith Urban, seen in 2017 in Sydney above

‘So that’s our job as a parent, to always offer unconditional love,’ the talent went on.

Kidman now shares daughters Sunday, 12, and Faith, nine, with husband Keith Urban. 

Tom has daughter Suri, 14, with ex-wife Katie Holmes, but they do not have a close relationship. 

According to some reports has not seen his daughter since 2013, shortly after he and Holmes split.

Tom has daughter Suri, 14, with ex-wife Katie Holmes, but they do not have a close relationship. She’s seen with her mom in May 2021 above

This post first appeared on Daily mail

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sex And The City men including Mario Cantone and David Eigenberg will join the sequel series

Published

on

By

It’s shaping up to look like a proper Sex And The City reunion with reports that several of the show’s most popular male actors will be back for the upcoming sequel series And Just Like That.

Mario Cantone, David Eigenberg, Willie Garson and Evan Handler have all joined the cast of the series which will follow Sarah Jessica Parker’s character Carrie Bradshaw and her friends Charlotte and Miranda, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

DailyMail.com previously revealed in May that Eigenberg had signed on for the reprise, along with stars Chris Noth and John Corbett, who played Carrie’s competing love interests Mr. Big and Aidan, respectively.

Back for more: Mario Cantone, David Eigenberg, Willie Garson and Evan Handler have all joined the cast of the Sex And The City sequel series And Just Like That, according to The Hollywood Reporter

‘Everyone at And Just Like That is thrilled to be able to continue the storylines of these beloved Sex And The City characters with the actors who made them so lovable,’ said executive producer Michael Patrick King, who served as the showrunner on the original series.

Cantone, a comedian who has more recently made guest appearances on FX’s Better Things, will be back as Anthony Marentino, a gay wedding planner who worked with Charlotte (Kristin Davis) before becoming her good friend.

Eigenberg reprises his role as the sometimes-geeky Steve, who became the most serious love interest for Miranda (Cynthia Nixon), and later married her.

Garson played Stanford Blatch, Carrie’s greatest confidant and one of the only male characters to occasionally carry a storyline on his own.

More star power: Willie Garson, who played Carrie’s best male friend Stanford Blatch, will be back after marrying Cantone’s character in the second movie. Evan Handler will reprise his role as Harry Goldenblatt, who married Charlotte

His character married Cantone’s wedding planner in the second Sex And The City movie, so fans may get a chance to see what married life is like for them.

Handler rounds out the newest batch of SATC love interests as Harry Goldenblatt, a divorce lawyer who represents Charlotte when she splits from her husband Trey MacDougal (played by Twin Peaks’ Kyle MacLachlan). 

Despite initially being turned off by his appearance and gruff demeanor, she falls for him and they marry later in the series. 

In May, DailyMail.com reported that Eigenberg and Carrie’s most popular suitors would all be back.

Former Law & Order star Chris Noth played Carrie’s longtime on–off love interest Big, with the two feature films exploring their married life together.

The Big time: In May, DailyMail.com reported that Eigenberg and Carrie’s most popular suitors would all be back, including Chris Noth’s Mr. Big, who eventually married Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker)

Mr. Big’s greatest competitor was the warmer, more outgoing Aidan, played by John Corbett.

When he was last seen in Sex And The City 2, he was married and had two young sons.

Carrie had a brief flirtation with him and a quick kiss, though she cut it off and opted to remain faithful to Big.

DailyMail.com also revealed last month that one behind-the-scenes star of Sex And The City will be missing from And Just Like That: the acclaimed costume designer Patricia Field, who is responsible for the cast’s iconic outfits.

‘Patricia Field is not coming back — she is focusing on Emily in Paris,’ a senior production source said at the time. ‘This is a first for the show as the clothes for the sixth season and two movies were all styled by Patricia.’ 

Another major absence will be felt as Kim Cattrall’s Samantha won’t be featured in the sequel series.

The actress has feuded on and off with Parker in recent years and opted not to return.

However, Grey’s Anatomy alum Sara Ramírez will be joining the fold as a non-binary comedian and podcast host who regular chats with Carrie on their show.

Awkward! John Corbett will also be back as Aidan, Carrie’s other major suitor. She ran into him in the second sequel film, only to find he was married with children

This post first appeared on Daily mail

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tech

Trending